The much anticipated Wauseon Public Library foundation repair and renovation has begun. Library staff is busy packing all library books and materials. The library is still open and operating as well as it can.
Due to the extent of the work to be done to the current building, the alley off of Elm Street between the library and the First Christian Church will be temporarily closed. The Post Office boxes will be moved to help accommodate drive thru traffic.
The alley off of Fulton Street between the library and the old Sterling Dairy building will remain open but contractor equipment will be stored on the parking spaces.
Improvements to the building at 117 E. Elm St will include repair to the crumbling foundation and upgrades to four additions.
The estimated timeline is as follows:
• July 1 – July 31: Packing and moving books, shelves, tables, chairs, etc.
• July 28 – July 31 (Wauseon Homecoming week): Library will be closed to the public, these dates are subject to change.
• Aug. 1: Library will open at the new temporary location – Old Bill’s Locker Room Building at 1052 N. Shoop Ave., next to Arby’s.
The renovation and repair project are estimated to be completed in 10 – 12 months.
• Summer 2017: Renovated library will reopen
Library staff apologizes for any inconvenience that this will cause patrons and the residents of Wauseon.
For more questions or information, call the library at 419-335-6626.