There is an opening on the Pike-Delta-York Board of Education following the resignation of Tim Bower. Bower, who announced his resignation at the last Board meeting, had been charged with theft.
The Board of Education is now seeking applicants to fill the unoccupied seat on the school board. The new board member will be appointed in February 2023 and serve until Dec. 31, 2023.
The ideal board of education candidate would perform statutory and discretionary board duties and establish policies that support the planning, delivery, and advancement of quality educational programs. These duties include:
• Keeping students as the focus of the district and providing educational opportunities for all students;
• Overseeing the annual budget, including adopting operating and capital budgets that enable the school district to carry out board directives; monitoring fiscal management to help ensure the judicious use of district resources;
• Appointing a school superintendent and CFO/treasurer and empowering the superintendent and treasurer to manage the district’s daily operations;
• Facilitating collaborative partnerships that promote strong public support for inclusive planning processes and effective interactions among stakeholders with divergent points of view; and
• Exemplifying professionalism and fostering goodwill to enhance the district’s public image.
According to Ohio law, people serving on Ohio school boards must be a United States citizen, at least 18 years old, a district resident, and a registered voter.
All applicants are required to submit a notice of their interest, in writing, to the superintendent and a completed Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA) application, which can be found on the district website.
Notice of interest and completed application are due to Dr. Ted Haselman by Jan. 26, 2023. Please return documents to the office of the Board of Education, 504 Fernwood St., Delta, Ohio or email materials to [email protected]