Swanton removes wrestling coach from position following Saturday incident


Staff Report



The Swanton Local School District has removed middle school wrestling coach Aaron Brown from his position following an incident at a wrestling tournament in Archbold on Saturday.

On Monday morning, Superintendent Chris Lake announced that the district had concluded its investigation into the incident. He had been placed on administrative leave Saturday.

“Based on numerous witness statements the coach has been removed from his position and will no longer be affiliated with the team or the district,” said Lake. “The coach understands that his behavior at the tournament was unprofessional and was not in keeping with conduct that reflects positively on himself or the Swanton School Local District.

“The District would like to thank all of the individuals who came forward to provide witness statements which aided in our investigation and helped us to bring this matter to a swift conclusion.”

Additionally, on Monday morning district administration met with the members of the middle school wrestling team to inform them of the decision made regarding the coach and to offer them any assistance they may need as they process the events of this past weekend.

“The district’s goal now is to provide the members of the middle school wrestling team with the opportunity to move forward from this event and continue on with their successful wrestling season,” said Lake. “We have also reached out to the parent of the student involved to inform them of the decision and to offer assistance to them and their student as they move forward.”

Staff Report