The Northwest State Community College Board of Trustees gave input on the school’s strategic plan at their meeting Friday, Dec. 9.
Board of Trustees members participated in a compression planning “dotting session,” providing valued input into the College’s new Strategic Plan, which will be in effect 2023-2026. The College has previously held external stakeholder listening and dotting sessions in all six service counties, as well as learner and employee sessions internally.
The current Strategic Plan (2020-2023) includes five goals or pillars. They including life-changing education, learning for all, organizational excellence, empowered team, and engaged community. The full Strategic Plan can be viewed at NorthwestState.edu/strategic-plan.
In other Board action:
· Approved the promotion of Brittany Thompson to Director of Admissions.
· Approved the employment of Adriana Lopez to Financial Aid Counselor, Gina Kasch to Fundraising Coordinator, and Susan Cheesman to Grants Officer.
· Approved the transfer of Kristi Von Deylen to Administrative Assistant-Nursing & Allied Health, and Kara Flesher to Academic Advisor.
· Approved the 2022 Affordability and Efficiency Report.
· Approved the 2021-2022 College Audit.
· Approved a new Board Self-Evaluation policy.
· Accepted a gift (kinescope hand-held microscope) to the College.
· Approved miscellaneous employment contracts, and three resignations, and the renewal of Probationary Faculty and Non-Teaching Faculty contracts.