Three candidates, including two incumbents, are running for two spots on the Gorham Township Board of Trustees.
CURTIS FETHER, 60
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business from Defiance College
Marital Status: Married, wife Irene
1. Why are you running for office? After 34 years of public service with the Gorham Fayette Fire Department (retired in 2016) I can still make a lot of positive contributions to our community.
2. Why should people vote for you? I have a desire to see our community have a safe environment as well as the potential for growth. Have our community become a place that people enjoy visiting and living in.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? Main goal is public safety; as stated above, I had 34 years of serving the public through the Gorham Fayette Fire Department. Whether this requires personnel training or equipment upgrades it is imperative that we have a department that is both properly trained and equipped to handle emergency situations. Public safety also includes road maintenance as well, so that citizens as well as students can travel throughout our community in a safe manner. My second goal is to handle the above issues in a fiscally responsible manner.
4. Have you held office before? I have not held an elected public office in the past. I have, however, held several positions that will help me in this position. One was as an officer on the Gorham Fayette Fire Department, leading training sessions as well as guiding and directing members on emergency scenes. I have also been president of the Fayette Athletic Boosters, managing fundraisers and helping to guide the organization on making decisions.
TREVOR HIBBARD, 49
Education: Fayette High School graduate; NWSCC – Management.
Marital Status: Married 24 years
Civic Organizations: Fulton County EMA board member, Fulton County EMS board member.
1. Why are you running for office? Enjoy serving the citizens of Gorham Township.
2. Why should people vote for you? Honest, hardworking, work well with others, always want what’s best for the citizens. Over 25 years of business management experience.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? 1. Continue to look for ways to reduce costs. 2. Continue to improve the infrastructure of Gorham Township.
4. Have you held office before? Yes – Gorham Township Trustee for two terms. Running for reelection.
WILLIAM G. MCKINNEY, 74
Education: 12 grades
Marital Status: Married
Civic Organizations: Fayette Christian Church, Eagles #1297, Moose Lodge #312, Dads of Foreign Service Veterans, Elks #929.
1. Why are you running for office? Enjoy working with the people and keeping township running smoothly.
2. Why should people vote for you? Experience with the township.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? Keeping roads in good condition. Working with the fire department.
4. Have you held office before? Yes. Have been trustee for 44 years.