When temperatures rise cooling centers throughout the county are available to provide respite to individuals who do not have air conditioning. Persons who are at particular risk of complications from heat exposure include the elderly and young children.
The following Cooling Centers are open:
• Trinity Lutheran Church, 410 Taylor St. Delta – Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the doors unlocked from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Crossroads Evangelical Church, 845 E. Leggett St., Wauseon – Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• North Clinton Church, 831 W. Linfoot St., Wauseon, – Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• St. John’s Christian Church, 700 S. Defiance St., Archbold – Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Wauseon Public Library, 117 E. Elm Street, Wauseon – Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sat. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Fulton County Senior Center, 240 Clinton St. Wauseon – Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., no legal holidays.
For more information, contact the Fulton County Health Department at 419-337-0915 or visit the department’s website at www.fultoncountyhealthdept.com. If you need transportation, please call 2-1-1.
A pair of agencies provide transportation.
Fulton County Senior Center will transport senior citizens. Call the Senior Center at 419-337-9299.
Families with minor children who meet income guidelines can receive transportation from Fulton County Job and Family Services. Call 419-337-0010 for more information.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU