High winds have led to numerous power outages in Fulton County Wednesday afternoon. As of 3:15 p.m., 1,313 customers in the county are affected by outages.
The hardest hit area is Dover Township where 522 of the 592 Toledo Edison customers are without power. There are 295 customers without power in Swancreek Township.
Swanton has 147 customers affected, Wauseon 123 and Clinton Township 103. Multiple other areas of Fulton County also have customers without power.
A high wind warning is in effect until 6 p.m. this evening. West winds will be at 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 to 60 mph possible through this afternoon.
The Ohio Turnpike has also issued a travel ban for certain vehicles from 12-5 p.m. today. Vehicles banned from travel on the highway are:
• All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles
• Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of ninety (90) feet in length.
• Mobile home / Office trailers.
• Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
• High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in.