High winds led to the closure of North Shoop Avenue in Wauseon on Wednesday. Winds bent power poles along the street, causing a closure between Linfoot Street and Airport Highway.
The street reopened around 11:30 a.m.
A high wind warning is in effect until 6 p.m. this evening. West winds will be at 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 to 60 mph possible through this afternoon.
The Ohio Turnpike has also issued a travel ban for certain vehicles from 12-5 p.m. today. Vehicles banned from travel on the highway are:
• All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles
• Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of ninety (90) feet in length.
• Mobile home / Office trailers.
• Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
• High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in.