Road crews for Fulton County and District 2 of the Ohio Department of Transportation will be busy during construction season.
County Engineer Frank Onweller has announced the following 2016 projects:
• Bridge E6.5 replacement, Road E east of State Route 109, over Bad Creek. Contract awarded to R.G. Zachrich Construction, Inc. in Defiance. Cost: $234,688.60.
• Bridge M23.9 replacement, Road M east of State Route 66 over Stag Run. Bids will open May 10. Estimated cost: $252,000.
• Road M, State Route 66 to County Road 23, reconstruction. Bids to open May 10. Estimated cost: $612,000.
The following roads will be asphalt resurfaced: County Road H from County Road 13 to County Road 11; County Road S from State Route 64 to County Road 6; County Road M from County Road 22 to County Road 23; and County Road J from State Route 64 to County Road 3.
More asphalt projects may be added, depending on the budget.
The following list of roads will be chip-sealed with a fog seal: County Road J from County Road 22 to County Road 20; County Road RS from County Road 12 to County Road 14-2; County Road 18 from U.S. 20 to County Road L; County Road 19 from U.S. 20 to the Michigan state line; and County Road 14-2 from U.S. 20 to the Michigan state line.
More chip seal projects may be added, depending on the budget.
No cost estimates or bid dates are available for the asphalt resurfacing and chip seal projects.
ODOT District 2 spokesperson Theresa Pollick announced the following projects for Fulton County in 2016. The dates and costs are estimates:
• Two-lane district allocation funded project to resurface U.S. 20; Fayette sewer project; from August to December; $3.9 million.
• Two-lane district allocation funded project on U.S. 20A and State Route 64; resurface and add curbs and sidewalks on U.S 20A in Swanton; July to November; $3.484 million.
• Raised pavement markers lenses being replaced throughout county through October, $127,000.
• Chip seal on State Route 108 from U.S. 20 to the Michigan state line through August, $428,500.
David Coehrs can be reached at 419-335-2010