Four candidates are running for two trustee spots in German Township.
ANDY BRODBECK, 61
Education: Graduate of Archbold High School
Marital Status: Married
Civic Organizations: Archbold Rotary Club, Archbold-German Township Fire Department
1. Why are you running for office? To continue to serve German Township with the same passion and commitment as I strived to do during my 40 years on the Fire Department.
2. Why should people vote for you? Lifetime resident of German Township. 40 years of commitment and service to German Township. 20 years of experience working between governmental/departmental agencies.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? Strong and effective working relationships between governmental and departmental agencies. Support for agriculture, industry, business, tourism, safety services, and the people of German Township.
4. Have you held office before? No.
JOE SHORT, 51
Education: Graduate of Archbold High School in 1984 and Ohio State University in 1988.
Marital Status: Married to wife Sheryl.
Civic Organizations: Past president of the Archbold Chamber of Commerce, Past president of Archbold Lions Club, participated in festival of lights parade events, roadside cleanup, park tree planting, park shelter house construction, and park activity center construction.
1. Why are you running for office? With sadness, I have seen our local elected bodies have a breakdown in communication and the ability to work towards the needs of the residents of German Township. The fire department and residents of the entire township are caught in the middle. Situations involving people require listening, compromise and the ability to find common ground to work together.
2. Why should people vote for you? I am the owner of Joe Short Insurance and in my everyday work environment it is necessary for me to listen to my client’s concerns, evaluate situations and work with each individual to develop solutions to meet their needs. I have and will use the same principals in my elected representative role as I have in my everyday life. I believe that is a key requirement for people wanting to serve others in a governmental role.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? 1) If elected, I will do everything within my power to reach out to other elected officials in an honest and trustworthy way in order to achieve a compromise and solution to the disruptive issues currently taking place. I will keep feelings and emotions out of the negotiations and have awareness and compassion for the people of German Township. 2) In my past experience I have learned that there are many different grants available for public entities. The previous grants that I have applied for and received have lessened the burden on local taxpayers. If I am your elected official, I promise I will research and apply for available grants.
4. Have you held office before? I have been elected as a past German Township Trustee and past Fulton County Commissioner.
BRUCE LAUBER and RANDY E. RUFFER are also running for German Township Trustee but the Expositor did not receive a completed questionnaire.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU