In Royalton Township, four men are running for two seats on the board of trustees.
STEVE GILLESPIE, 62
Education: Evergreen High School
Married: 39 years to Sharon
Civic Organizations: Member of Lyons Royalton Volunteer Fire Department for 38 years.
1. Why are you running for office? 2. Why should people vote for you? I am the owner of the Doyle Welding in Lyons. I have worked here for over 40 years. I am a life-long resident of the Lyons area.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? Continue to provide quality service for our township.
4. Have you held office before? I am seeking re-election. I have been a trustee for 24 years.
ANDREW R. HARRIS, 32
Education: Pike-Delta-York graduate
Married: Married with 2 children
1. Why are you running for office? I am running for office for the betterment of our community and to bring fresh ideas to the township.
2. Why should people vote for you? People should vote for me because I am eager to work for them and make improvements where they are needed within the township.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? To improve road maintenance in the winter time so roads are safer for our citizens and for our fire and EMS personnel. To bring new and fresh ideas to the township for the best interest of the township and its citizens.
4. Have you held office before? No.
RONALD J. LUMBREZER, 46
Education: Graduate of Central Catholic High School and college engineering and surveying classes.
Married: Married to Tanya “Walker” Lumbrezer for 21 years.
1. Why are you running for office? I am running for re-election because I enjoy being a township trustee and serving the people of Royalton Township.
2. Why should people vote for you? I believe that I should be re-elected because of my experience and record of making progress in cooperation with the other trustees.
• The progress for Royalton Township for our roads and fire department has been made within our budget constraints.
• I have also demonstrated leadership having served on the board of directions for the Ohio Township Association for 8 years, past Vice President and President of the Fulton County Township Association, current vice chairman of the Fulton County Planning Commission and the current chairman of the Fulton County EMS Executive Committee.
3. What are your two main goals if elected?
• The continued improvement of our roads and drainage. Stabilization of the base and paving of our remaining stone roads as well as paving our existing roads.
• The continued support of our Lyons-Royalton Volunteer Fire Department by supporting them with training and equipment needs.
4. Have you held office before? If so, please provide details. I am currently completing my 16th year as a Royalton Township Trustee.
JOHN O’NEIL, 62
Education: Associate’s Degree in Business Management
Married: Yes, to Kathleen
Civic Organizations: St. Caspar Knights of Columbus, Sons of American Legion
1. Why are you running for office? To provide guidance with proper handling of revenue and township assets.
2. Why should people vote for you? I’m honest, dependable and knowledgeable about the inner working of small government.
3. What are your two main goals if elected? Promote business expansions in Royalton Township. Support Lyons Royalton Volunteer Fire Department.
4. Have you held office before? If so, please provide details. I’m currently in my second term as a councilman for the Village of Lyons. I’m the representative for Lyons to the Community Improvement Corporation and Fulton County Economic Development Corp.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU