Medicare Open Enrollment will be from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 this year.
There are several things that can be done during enrollment. Those with Medicare can:
• Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan;
• Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely;
• Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan;
• Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare;
• Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan;
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage;
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that does offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage;
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
Any changes made will take effect on Jan. 1, 2018.
The Fulton County Senior Center offers assistance to area residents in deciding what to do. To schedule an appointment, contact Valerie Edwards at the Fulton County Senior Center at 419-337-9299. Appointment times fill up quickly.